family member visas

Here are the Family Member Visa application services that Sanctuary Law can offer.

A number of changes to the Immigration Rules came into effect on 9 July 2012. These changes will affect non-European Economic Area (non-EEA) nationals applying to enter or remain in the UK under the family migration route. These changes will define the basis on which a person can enter or remain in the UK on the basis of their family or private life, unifying consideration under the rules and Article 8 of the European Convention on Human Rights.

If you already have leave to enter or remain in the UK, on the basis of being the spouse or partner of a settled person, you will need to meet the rules which were in force before 9 July 2012 if you apply for settlement.

The above changes that apply must be met if you are applying for entry clearance on the basis of marriage or civil partnership with a British citizen or a person living and settled in the UK. requirements you must also have enough money to support and accommodate yourself without working or help from public funds, or you and any dependants will be supported and accommodated by relatives or friends.

You can apply to enter or remain in the UK as the fiancé(e) or proposed civil partner of a British citizen or someone who is settled here.

You must obtain a visa before traveling here, even if you are a national of a country whose nationals do not normally require a visa to visit the UK. You cannot apply as a fiancé (e) or proposed civil partner from inside the UK.

You must also meet all the other requirements of the Immigration Rules in light of recent changes.

You can come to live permanently in the UK as an adult dependent relative of someone who is already a permanent resident here.

You can apply for permission to settle permanently in the UK if you are currently here as the husband, wife or civil partner of a British citizen or a person who is present and settled here. Permission to settle in the UK is also known as ‘indefinite leave to remain’.

You must meet all the requirements of the Immigration Rules at the time when you apply for settlement. If you are considering applying for settlement in the future, you should note that the Immigration Rules are subject to change.

Please see our ILR services.

have you decided which service you would like to book a consultation for?

01159 704 180


We are a firm of UK immigration solicitors regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority and well known for the excellence of our service. (SRA 649650) Our clients come from across the whole of the UK and indeed internationally. We support our clients with every type of UK visa application and employment for migrants in the UK. Registered with Companies House under Registration Number: 11280669.

get in touch

82-84 Radford Road
United Kingdom

Mon-Fri 10:00 – 17:00

T: 01159704180

© Sanctuary Law 2019. All Rights Reserved.

© Sanctuary Law 2019. All Rights Reserved